Saturday, January 22, 2005

Windows

Working with black fabric adds the chore of keeping the dust and lint off of it so that it will not catch in the stitches...really bothersome.  Today I started the binding on the "windows" piece that I worked on during the Mag8 Retreat. It is about 75%  black. After playing around with some more fused strips I realized that I was creating the "window" motif again which reminded me of the aforementioned piece.  (How do others work at titling a piece?  I struggle to find titles for my quiltlets...unlike writing for me which reveals the title, quilt pieces do not).



Yesterday I had the heart catherization done...been putting this off for close to 2 years out of fear but my artieries are clear so pass me som' fried catfish and onion rings ;)  I have to follow up with pulmonary doc because he did find a lot of pressure in my lungs due to the pulmonary hypertension.  My patience is challenged running back and forth to docs offices...but I'm gonna work with myself as best I know how.  I came home yesterday around 3 and have been beat off and on since.  I didn't factor in being this tired and groggy causing me to cancel a Scrabble butt whupping that someone was going to receive at Kristie's tonight.  Also, I had to back off from using the sewing machine after messing up a postcard (the one on the right below)...its now the size of an ATC. hehehehe...









No comments:

Post a Comment

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...