Tuesday, January 4, 2005

Inspiration and Tributes

Okay, I thought I was done for the night...but I popped in to play around and stopped by this blog and her entry about the piece Night Traveler inspired me on a design.  My mother's oldest sister passed away last January. I have received 2 crochet pieces she made...one a table runner and the other an underslip...Jackie said she had never seen the slip before but it was packed among the other things Aunt Margareed made.  I've been torn about what to do with them...wanting to honor them by keeping them as is, yet wanting to honor them by using them in a quilt and placing my touch as a personal tribute...well, before this story gets longer, because I could go there...I just remembered I left my digital camera in my office file cabinet at work! ...anyways, while starring at the piece mentioned above...the design came to me to place the slip on a quilt with Jackie (as a young girl) with Aunt Magareed's face imposed over most of the quilt but behind Jackie. Jackie is my oldest sister and was raised by Aunt Margareed who never had children but mothered and grandmothered many.  So now, I'm a little pumped about this idea and will have difficulty falling asleep.  God willing and if the creek don't rise (another old saying I heard growing up) the camera is safe and sound and I'll get photos up of the underslip in the next couple of days.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...