Saturday, January 1, 2005

Happy 2005!!!!!!!!!

Here's a toast (Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee) to rising toward our highest potential and sensibilities!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 



My aim to kick this day off was to sew, sew, and sew some more but I haven't even started...I go off call at 3pm today...so I'm counting down.  This is the first year I have never cooked black-eyed peas and collard greens or cabbage!  In fact I don't even have a menu planned...it will be 'catch is as catch can' (a phrase I heard growing up from my mother).



We'll leave in a few hours to go see my father who is in the hospital. He will have a pacemaker put in next week.  I'm really grateful that Ron is staying with my mother.  She is fiercely independent but never really mastered driving.  After her retirement she made an attempt to get her license, but after running into a woman's yard she stopped again. That was 12 years ago.  She has the public transportation down though...always has.  So not driving hasn't really stopped her from going where she wants to go around the city, but she is quite dependent on my father for errand runs, although she has too much pride to ever admit that.



My birthday was yesterday.  I felt good physically, relative to how I typically feel.  I held no expectations of the day which was somewhat freeing.  I worked until 4 yesterday and I'm still on call, so that had something to do with not anticipating anything knowing that my time was not my own.  Mo made a praline pound cake with ice cream and a caramel sauce. She said it was Emeril's recipe.  My sweetheart gave me cash (but I still don't have enough to take the workshop in a few weeks with Melody Johnson, or at least with not upsetting my budget.  Instead I will register for the other 3 workshops that the Fiber Four members will teach.  Between that and attending AQS I'll be content and will need to concentrate on saving for the week long symposium with Juanita.



Mary and Estella gave me a buzz yesterday which is always cool to talk to them.  They give me energy and I have such great memories of times shared.  They threw me the only surprise birthday party I've ever had. I believe it was for my 31st birthday.  I have such a poor memory...will prolly get an early onset of demetia at this rate~~~~~well, c'est la vie...



Hangeth in ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...