Sunday, January 2, 2005

Louisiana pancakes and mall shopping

My pancakes never turn out...box, from scratch...I either burn them on the outside, still raw in the middle...or they fall apart in the flipping...but I'm going to attempt to make Louisiana pancakes, (pancakes with a cup of mashed sweet potato mixed in).  Pancakes and sausage and coffee will be breakfast.  I'll come back later and update this entry with the recipe.



I'll give Jackie a call and wish her happy birthday and I know Mo will bug me today to take her to the mall. yuck yuck! I really do not like to shop and mall shopping is the most horrid!  Too much stimuli, too many people, too much consumption and marketing...force fed on capitalist junk....that is the mall from my perspective.  I bet a research study could link higher rates of depression in teens who 'hang out at the mall' compared to those who don't.  I've never understood that phenonmenon.  I mean if the malls become 'community centers' for teens...isn't that a sign that our culture is crumbling.  Flash, trash, and cash...or maybe my reaction is a little extreme but nonetheless, it is my reaction to mall shopping. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...