Saturday, April 23, 2005

Missed Friday, but here is one for Saturday

Dscn0498_1 This was recycled from the piece on the left. <click to see the old one. I like this better.  It measures about 15"x12".  It was fused and yes, I'm doing the pillow turn method.  If anything else gets made today it will be postcards.



The weather here has turned cold. It gray and wet...puts a damper on our official Derby kick-off celebrations.  The annual Thunder Over Louisville along the edge of the river is expected to draw only a 1/3 of the expected crowd of 700,000 people.  We're not going this year and I'm soooooooooo relieved.  Since I'm from Kentucky, maybe I should do a quilt about horse racing, tobacco, and whiskey??????



5 comments:

  1. LOVE IT! It's hard to believe that it you turned the original into THIS. I applaud the reconstructive surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I just clicked on that other link and thought...oh that looks familiar. I can't believe that you got that package already. Ugh, I think that little thing that I wrote on is super ugly, though. I'm glad that you like the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS PIECE. I wish my schedule of dyeing every day this week was lighter so I could make a neat top like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is nice. I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE THIS PIECE. It is so much better than it's original incarnation!

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...