Thursday, April 21, 2005

SOMETHING! is getting made today!

What is that saying about the best laid plans...sighing...well I was up until 1:30am last night cutting batik stripes for what I thought would be a kinda funky design with various size squares.  This morning I didn't spend 3 hours agonizing over colours and fabric...just knew I had something I would be jazzed to show...but, eh? thats life...things don't always go the way I think they should.  Ya' feel me? (Mo says that slang phrase is played out...wait...she is informing me that no one says "played out" anymore...we just don't use that she tells me...I've been informed that "I'm not up on game"...yeah, yeah, whatevah) ...like I was saying my design went belly up after an hour. But all was not lost. I went to the grocery store alone and shopped! I haven't did this in awhile due to my declining lung capacity...but today I felt pretty good!  Breathing is a great thing! 



When I arrived back home I tried once again to redeem what I had tried to do this morning but it still wasn't happening...so, determined to create something dammit! I turned to making a postcard.  Here it tis-



Thursday_april_21_2005 Today, Like No Other---heading to Arkansas.  What you don't see is the glistening traces of Angelina fibers. 



2 comments:

  1. Making lemonade with lemons...tell Mo that great phrases never get played out!
    I'm glad that you don't have a fear of chopping something up and making it into something else. You could make a bunch of those, just like on your first quilt of the week and make a glorious looking nine patch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little 4x6 inch postcard was reincarnated 4 times to get to where it is.

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...