Thursday, April 28, 2005

Its Definitely Music!

I truly love music! But after child number #3 was born, I didn't invest in buying as much music or attending concerts...(btw, The Queen of Soul was in concert last night, I didn't attend but did see her the last time she was here and was thoroughly disappointed in her performance...but I have most of her music and have been known to get in a zone with it).  My brother, Upfromsumdirt, loves it even more than I do and I often borrow his music...he would rather buy music over food I think :) 



I'm listening to Cassandra Wilson, Belly of the Sun.  She went to the crossroads of Mississippi, (Clarksdale in an old train station) to record this.  He called this morning wanting to know if I had his copy...I've had it so long that I actually thought it was mine and told him "no".  But then I found another cd by Cassandra Wilson, Glamoured, and I remembered that I never purchased my own copy and that this is his...oooops~



I've discovered that I love working with music playing and not the tv.  The tv is seldom on if I'm here alone.  I've been listening to everything from Marcia Ball, Harry Belafonte, Jimmy Buffett, Yolanda Adams, Taj Mahal, Eric Bibbs, Winston Marsalis, Chuck Berry...I'm not at tense while the music is playing and work at a faster speed than when it is not playing...I find myself getting antsy and taking more breaks when the music isn't on. So when I do get my dedicated space it will be equipped with surround sound.





3 comments:

  1. I agree with you about getting in a zone with certain music. If I'm listening to a certain artist when I start working on a piece, I have to listen to the same thing until that piece is done. I've listened to certain cd's for three months. It must also be played in the vehicle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, music is very important. I mean, who can sew in silence? I'd get bored and leave my sewing room within 30 minutes if I didn't have music or a good book on tape... Mulit-tasking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Cassandra Wilson. Her "Traveling Miles" concert was the first concert I ever went to and it was fantastic. She has such a distinctive voice.

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...