Sunday, April 10, 2005

To Bead, or Not?

Sunday_april_10_2005 I just finished this after un-quilting 2x and taking off the beads.  I have such a hard time throwing away scraps but hate the way the scraps clutter.....this is a practice piece that saves them.  Last night I spent fusing scraps and have about a dozen blocks similiar to the center of this one. 



Do you think beads would enhance it?  What quilting design would you have selected?  I started out with curly-qs and after the 2nd attempt I decided it just didn't work.  I like the curves against the straight lines.  What you don't see are the top and bottom which are slanted angles.  It is 14"x6". 



I have more pics coming but my transfer program still isn't installed and the other pieces are too big to scan. 



I'm fixin' to prepare dinner...plaintains, brocolli casserole, and baked chicken. Coffee ice cream will be desert and then the evening will be spent getting ready for the work week and chilling out as much as possible. 



Y'all hangeth in. 



9 comments:

  1. I like it just the way it is. Lovely color play. No beads needed, imho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks really great, but I love beads, so I'd add them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, just as it is. I'm not into beading, so I wouldn't bead it, but perhaps I'd be surprised to see beads enhance it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that this piece is stunning as is. I love the quilting pattern because it emphasizes the verticality and gives an organic flow to the geometry of the piece. No beads necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummamente, my highest compliment.
    No beads please.
    I clicked to enlarge and made believe this was a huge quilt and thought WOW what an impact. Simplicity has such power.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like beads, but this one's simple and I believe will be beautiful without them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the tension created by the curved quilting, bright colors, rectangle shapes. Lovely as is, so I vote for no beads, but it is YOUR creation. Does it feel complete to you? Jen

    ReplyDelete
  8. A bit late, but I'll chime in with the rest of the no-bead crowd! Beautiful the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been away for about 10 days and am catching up on my reading (of your blog!) I too love this bright spring piece. Your choices of colors and lines are terrific. So simple so perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...