Monday, April 25, 2005

Postcards and Liberation

Monday_april_25_2005_2_1 Monday_april_25_2005_1 









Monday_april_25_2005_3 Four postcards that I made today.  I worked on a wall piece that I just love, love, love!  But I need to wait til this weekend to get the embellishments that are definitely needed so no photos until it is finished.  It is the piece that will be getting the metal sheeting along with some other stuff.



I have never spent this kind of time and momentum developing and playing with ideas and techniques.  This is sheer joy to me.  So those of you who have the space and get to your studios daily, never ever take it for granted...there are a lot of frustrated artisans who are involved in a daily grind of working on someone else's agenda out here and although in some ways it can be commendable and rewarding, it is often grueling and can erode the spirit and sense of purpose. 



In spite of the physical limitations I have, these 2 weeks are turning into one of the most liberating times I have in a long long time!  And all you AQ bloggers have been a part of it! 



12 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you are loving what you're doing and that your spirit is being renewed with such joy. Oh, I LOVE the two in the center. These colors SPEAK to me!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so creative. I am really enjoying YOUR VACATION! Once again, I can't believe that people are sending these beautiful works of art through the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these postcards are great! My favourite is the one that says "explore". Love the subtle colours and the leaf images.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them. So different and all so beautiful. While subtle colors are not my normal palette, I so love the color copper that I am totally in love with the two using the copper (tho I love the other two because they are more in my normal range....snort...normal....not a word usually associated with me....)
    teri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karoda,
    You are so right about all of us frustrated artists who can't get to the studio everyday. By the time I give my 8-12 hours to the sytem, there's no juice left over for dreaming and playing and creating. Like Sonji said, I too have really been enjoying Your vcation and all the lovely new things that you have made. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really nice postcards...how did you do the leaves on the lower center card? My screen won't let me see the whole thing close up :( but I just love all the texture you have going on!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful postcards. I do take my freedom to do this for granted and I need to do more just to explore possibilities and experiment with my creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful! I especially like the "explore" piece. (I love the small quilt you posted on Saturday too.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm one of those frustrated artists! All I want to do is be at home creating and writing, yet I'm stuck here filing and typing and getting screamed on about copier TONER. Being able to quilt and draw and write is what I look forward to at the end of the day--that is, if I'm not too tired to move.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan C Bingham-McLaughlinApril 29, 2005 at 4:33 PM

    I love the brown ones - great colors and details! I wish there were more brown fabrics on the market... my favorite color!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Karoda! This is soooo much better in person! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now you have made me break down and NEED to make some of this postcards.These are beautiful. Maybe someone will give me a HO-Anns gift card for Mumsday...

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...