Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Tuesday's Quilt

Tuesdays_quilt It is already sandwiched and partially quilted.  I wish I would have bordered the sides.  I know there is a way to butt the sides but not sure if I want to go through the trouble.  I will add a traditional binding and maybe some fringe at the bottom.  What do you think? 



Dscn0489 I used June Tailor's fusible batting...see how lumpy it is, don't like the look of it...I'll use the remaining for post cards.   I used Mountain Mist in yesterday's quilt.  Check out the difference. 



7 comments:

  1. I like the quilt a lot! BTW, I had a big problem with lumps in June Tailor fusible batting once...I emailed them and complained and they send me a new roll of batting, which was fine and problem free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. I think that it is more daring without the side borders. I like that. Love the cowrie, love the use of the leaf skeletons. I don't think the fringe would enhance this piece, though. So, you're going to use a traditional binding? What color? How about two strips of HOT HOT pink on the sides and nothing on the top? It doesn't seem like the top/bottom need anything else. That's just me...you know I make my stuff go every which-a-way! Anyway, I'm so happy, once again, that you are doing this, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it with no side borders!! And I can't believe I'm saying this because I have kind of a Thing for fringe, but I actually think this piece would look better without fringe. My 2 cents, FWIW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh...this is gorgeous. Love these colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this. The colors are great,as are the patterns (dotted background).

    ReplyDelete
  6. This quilt a day stuff is terrific. Who needs a job? I may have to join you. I really love the fabrics & colors. Tell me how you do the leaves?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooooooo...I like it! Very pretty colors and I love the cowrie and other charms on it.

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...