Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Wednesday's Quilt

Snapshot_1 I was working with an exercise from Design Essentials: A Quilter's Guide by Lorraine Tarrence...I lost control of it...it was suppose to be a design of criss-crosses with some pieces floating against the backdrop.  The more I cut the smaller and smaller the piece became...its still large turkey platter size but I was going for a very elongated piece almost as tall as me and about 30 inches wide ...here is a close up of what the entire piece should have resembled but with more criss cross bars-Dscn0491                               











I like the random squares on the backdrop and I think tomorrow's quilt will use this as a design idea.  I'm thinking about cutting it in blocks and use in another piece...maybe even recycle for tomorrow's piece.



Along with Thursday's quilt I'll post photos of some delicious hand-painted and dyed sheers that I received from Michelle Verbeeck.  It was from the PIF (Pay It Forward) section on the forum at Fiberarts Network. 



2 comments:

  1. This is a very cool piece. I love the gray cobblestone looking fabric as a background for those vibrant colors and daggerish strips. Yesterday, I was looking at all this gray and silver metallic paint that I have and thought perhaps my next self-challenge would be to paint some fabric with that stuff. I haven't done anything like that yet.
    Hey, it would be a shame to cut this piece up! It is really intriguing. SAVE THE QUILT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the colors on that B/W patterned background.

    ReplyDelete

Swatching it!

Well, well, well...look who is swatching!  The plan (here goes...) is to knit my grand daughter a sweater.  This will be my first knitted ...